You can also specify different credentials using the Windows Explorer GUI. From the Tools menu select Map network drive…. On the Map Network Drive dialog window there is a checkbox for “Connect using different credentials”. Note: If you do not see the menu bar in Windows Explorer, press the ALT key to make it appear.
connect to a network share using separate credentials without mapping to a drive letter . . .: net use \<server><sharename> /USER:<domain><username> * Note that with this set of parameters, you must either specify the password or use the asterisk to signify that you want to be prompted…
Select Control Panel→User Accounts→Credential Manager→Windows Credentials. Click Add a Windows Credential. Specify the server Internet or network address and a valid user name and password. Click OK.
How do I change the login credentials on a network drive?
How to Change a Password to a Mapped Drive
- Double-click “My Computer” on your desktop. …
- Click the drive that you would like to change. …
- Click “Reconnect at logon” and “Connect using different credentials” and select “Finish.” You must select “Connect using different credentials” to change the password.
You should be able to access and then delete cached credentials when you’re done.
- Navigate to the share (\serversharename)
- At the command prompt, type: “net use \serveradmin$” which will prompt for credentials.
- Type the UNC to get to your share.
- Once you’re done, type: “net use \serveradmin$ /delete”
How do I open a network drive as an administrator?
enter your user admin account and password there and it will let you in. Gary D Williams wrote: when you type in \computershare it’ll prompt you for credentials. enter your user admin account and password there and it will let you in.
What does connect using different credentials mean?
The next important setting says “Connect using different credentials”. This setting is disabled by default and it means that Windows will try to connect to the mapped drive using the user account and password from your computer.
How do I change my network credentials in Windows 10?
Go to Control Panel > User accounts. From there, navigate to Credential Manager > Windows Credentials. You will see a field Add Windows Credentials, tap on it. In this menu, you can add the computer’s name you want to access, username and password.
How do I allow access to a shared folder?
- Right-click the shared folder.
- Click “Properties”.
- Open the “Sharing” tab.
- Click “Advanced Sharing”.
- Click “Permissions”.
- Select a user or group from the list.
- Select either “Allow” or “Deny” for each of the settings.
Where do I find my network credentials?
Frequently Asked Questions
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on User accounts.
- On the left, select Manage your credentials.
- Selecting Windows Credentials will show a list of saved credentials. There you can edit or remove them.
How do pass user credentials with NET USE command?
You can choose to enter the password during the execution of the net use command by typing * instead of the actual password. Use this net command option to specify a username to connect to the resource with.
How do I open Windows credentials?
Accessing Credential Manager
- To open Credential Manager, type credential manager in the search box on the taskbar and select Credential Manager Control panel.
- Select Web Credentials or Windows Credentials to access the credentials you want to manage.