Once you can see the file or folder, right click it and select ‘Sharing Options’ from the drop down menu. In the sharing dialog box, click share this (file or folder) and, if you wish, you can permit others to create and delete files and also allow guest access to the data.
Access a Windows shared folder from Linux using Nautilus
- Open Nautilus.
- From the File menu, select Connect to Server.
- In the Service type drop-down box, select Windows share.
- In the Server field, enter the name of your computer.
- Click Connect.
Double-click the name of the computer from which the folder you want to open is being shared. Select a folder. Double-click the folder you want to open. Enter a username and password if prompted.
Go to the shared folder in Ubuntu. right click inside the empty space of the folder and select “open in terminal”. That´s it.
How do I enable sharing on Linux Mint?
You can share any user directory you wish by using Nemo, the file browser provided by default in Linux Mint. Start Nemo, the file browser and navigate to a directory somewhere below your home that you want to share. Rt-Click the directory of choice and select Properties. Then take a close look at the “Sharing” tab.
Steps to access SMB / CIFS share from Ubuntu Desktop:
Launch Files application. Go to Other Locations from the sidebar menu. Click on the hosts listed in the Networks section or enter the IP address with the smb:// protocol prefix of the host and click on the Connect button. Click on the folder that you want to access.
On a dual booted pc Linux has the ability to see windows/NTFS partition. So when you are booted into Ubuntu you can see the windows partition. You can simply click on that partition icon and it will get mounted in your ubuntu filesystem. Now you can put your files in to this partition and these will be saved.
Add members and set access levels:
- On your computer, go to drive.google.com.
- At the left, click Shared drives and double-click one of your shared drives.
- At the top, click Manage members.
- Add names, email addresses, or a Google Group. New members must have a Google account. …
- To change: …
- Click Send.
Make sure Network discovery is enabled on all computers. Make sure File and printer sharing is enabled on all computers. Toggle Turn on password protected sharing to off and retest. Make sure you are logging in using the same account you entered when you added users to Share with.
How to Fix Windows 10 Cannot Access Shared Folder
- Update Windows 10.
- Set Your WiFi Network to Private.
- Enable Network Discovery and Disable Password Protected Sharing.
- Make Sharing Services Start Automatically.
- Allow File and Printer Sharing in Windows Defender Firewall.
- Check Your Windows Credentials.
Press Applications → Accessories → Terminal to open a Terminal. Type shares-admin and press Return to open Shared Folders. Press the Unlock button and enter your password in the Password for (username): field. Press the Authenticate button.
Connect to servers in Terminal on Mac
- In the Terminal app on your Mac, choose Shell > New Remote Connection.
- Select a protocol in the Service list.
- Select a shared server in the Server list.
- In the User field, enter a user name, then click Connect.
Teleconsole is a free open source and powerful command-line tool for sharing your Linux terminal session with people you trust. Your friends or team members can connect to your Linux terminal session via a command-line over SSH or via a browser over HTTPS protocol.