Discord currently doesn’t support the full-screen sharing of applications. Users can only share screens that display as a separate window. Hence, check if the game you’re running is in full-screen mode.
On Android, you can try clearing the Discord app’s cache as well. A temporary file could be messing up with the screen share feature. Clearing cache should fix it. To do so, go to “Android Settings → Apps → Discord → Storage”.
You can screenshare from both Android and iOS. Screen-sharing functionality isn’t available on Xiaomi devices running MIUI OS. Screen sharing is supported on Android 5 and above; however, audio sharing is only available on Android 10 and above.
Why is screen sharing not working?
Screen sharing is a graphics-intensive process, older processors may need to clear memory to make room. In Google Chrome, go to Settings > History > Clear Browsing Data > Check Cached images and files and Cookies and other site plug-in data.
Another issue is that Netflix is DRM protected, meaning you can’t always share the screen. This is intended to prevent unauthorized sharing between friends. If this is the reason, try using another web browser. Based on our tests, Chrome works just fine.
How do I enable screen sharing on Discord?
Share Your Screen on Discord Mobile
- Open the Discord mobile app and access the server you’re working with. Then, tap to join a video call.
- Next, tap on the option to share your screen at the bottom. …
- Upon confirmation, you will show everyone in the chat your screen.
Table of contents
- Fix 1: Kill All Running Discord Processes.
- Fix 2. Switch to Windowed Mode.
- Fix 3: Update Discord.
- Fix 4: Update Your Graphics Driver.
- Fix 5: Turn on/off Hardware Acceleration.
- Fix 6: Turn off Unneeded Programs.
- Fix 7: Clear Discord Cache Folder.
- Fix 8: Run Discord as Administrator.
You may need to unlock access by selecting the Click the lock to make changes option beneath, then authenticating using your password or with Touch ID. Once unlocked, make sure to select the checkbox for Discord to allow it to read and record your screen, then restart the Discord app afterwards.
How do I enable screen sharing on Discord Mac?
Sharing a screen on macOS 10.13+ now includes audio! To get started, head over to your ‘Voice & Video’ settings (within the User Settings) and find the ‘Screen Share’ section. After clicking ‘Install’, you’ll need to authorize ACE – the software written by Rogue Amoeba we use for capturing audio.