Share with specific people
- Go to the OneDrive website and sign in with your Microsoft account or your work or school account.
- Pick the files or folders you want to share by selecting its circle icon. …
- Select Share. …
- Under Send Link, select Anyone with the link can edit to open the link settings.
With your files in OneDrive cloud storage, you can share them with others, control who can view or edit them, and work together at the same time.
How to share OneDrive for business files with external users
- Navigate to Office.com and sign in using your Microsoft 365 credentials > Open the admin application using the app launcher.
- Open the SharePoint admin center.
- Under Policies, click Sharing.
- Move the OneDrive slider to Anyone or New and existing guests.
- Click Save.
Can external users upload to OneDrive?
You will be able to create a folder in OneDrive and/or SharePoint Online where you can request an external user to upload files. The external user will then receive an email with the request link. Clicking on the link, they can then choose their files, and upload them.
Viewing on a desktop
If the OneDrive desktop app is installed on your computer, you should see the Share option when you right-click a file or folder in Explorer. If the Share option has been greyed out, or is missing from the right-click context menu, your organization’s admins may have restricted the feature.
OneDrive provides a consistent, intuitive files experience across all your devices, including web, mobile, and the desktop of your Windows PC or Mac. Behind the scenes, SharePoint in Microsoft 365 provides the content services for all files in Microsoft 365, including files you work with in Teams, Yammer, and Outlook.