In the admin center, go to the Teams & Groups > Shared mailboxes page.
- On the Shared mailboxes page, select + Add a shared mailbox. Enter a name for the shared mailbox. …
- Select Save changes. …
- Under Next steps, select Add members to this mailbox. …
- Select the +Add members button. …
- Select Close.
Add a shared mailbox to Outlook
- Open Outlook.
- Choose the File tab in the ribbon.
- Choose Account Settings, then select Account Settings from the menu.
- Select the Email tab.
- Make sure the correct account is highlighted, then choose Change.
- Choose More Settings > Advanced > Add.
Click on the tab “Advanced” and then the “Add…” button. Enter the email address for the shared mailbox you have access to and then press “OK”. Continue by pressing “OK” on the window behind and then press “Next >” and then “Finish”.
Manual adjustment in the Microsoft 365 Admin Center
- Open your admin portal from Office 365 or go via the URL page.
- Navigate to shared mailboxes, under Teams & Groups.
- Search for the desired mailbox.
- Click on sent items.
To send email from the shared mailbox using Outlook Web App:
- Click New mail above the folder list. …
- Click the … …
- To add recipients, type the name of anyone who is in your contacts folder or organization’s address list, or type the email address in the To or cc field. …
- Add a subject.
- Type the message you want to send.
Forward emails that are sent to a shared mailbox
- In the admin center, go to the Groups > Shared mailboxes page.
- Select the shared mailbox you want to edit, then select Email forwarding > Edit.
- Set the toggle to On, and enter one email address to forward the messages to. It can be any valid email address. …
- Select Save.
How do I add someone else’s inbox to Outlook?
Log in to your mailbox using Outlook Web App. Right-click your name in the folder list, and click Add shared folder. In the Add shared folder dialog box, type the name of the mailbox that you have been provided access, and click Add. The mailbox appears in your Outlook Web App folder list.
Windows 10 and Outlook 2016
- Navigate to the File tab in Outlook. …
- Highlight the account with access to the shared mailbox and press Change.
- Press More settings…
- Go to the Advanced tab and press Add…
- Enter the name or address of the shared mailbox and press OK.
To access a shared mailbox, a user must have an Exchange Online license, but the shared mailbox doesn’t require a separate license.
Shared Mailboxes and iOS
- Go to Settings > Mail > Add account (in iOS 11 go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords > Add account).
- Select Other from the list of types.
- Tap Add Mail Account.
- Enter a name for the mail account (e.g. Shared Mailbox)
- Enter the email address of the shared mailbox.
Adding a Shared Mailbox in Outlook for Mac
- Open Outlook for Mac.
- Select File.
- Select Open.
- Select Other User’s Folder.
- Select Inbox from the folder type drop-down menu.
- Enter the Title of your shared folder in the search box.
- Select your Shared Mailbox from the list.
- Select Open.
How do you send as or send on behalf of?
Type the email address of the person you want to send as or send on behalf of and click Go. Then, select the name of the person you want to send as or send on behalf of, and click OK. Back on the Send From Other E-mail Address window, click OK. Compose a message as usual and send when ready.
Why are my sent emails not showing in my sent box?
The most likely cause of an email not appearing in the Sent folder is that it wasn’t sent in the first place. You may well have hit the Send icon, but for some reason or another – perhaps shutting down the email app or the computer before the message had actually been sent – the message never left your system.
From now on when you want to send a message from your shared mailbox, the address will be available in your From drop-down list. Whenever you send a message from your shared mailbox, your recipients will only see the shared email address in the message.